Most Active Stories
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
Under the Microscope
Fri March 16, 2012
The science of food
Food Sense: The 8th Annual Life Sciences and Society Symposium takes place this week at MU.
The event explores how taste preferences are shaped by biology and culture, as well as other factors.
Author and food scientist Shirley Corriher will be speaking at the symposium on Saturday. She’ll be talking about food-writing and the science of getting exactly what you want out of food. KBIA’s Lee Jian Chung spoke with her about learning under Julia Child and cooking vegetables the proper way.
Corriher is the author of CookWise and BakeWise.