Most Active Stories
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
- 'Take honest look' at Amendment 1, says former Lt. Governor Joe Maxwell
Thu August 9, 2012
Several Mo. lawmakers fall in party primaries
Several Missouri legislators appear to have been defeated in their party primaries.
Unofficial results from Tuesday's elections show voters ousting a Democratic state senator from St. Louis and two House Democrats from the St. Louis area.
In southwestern Missouri, a Republican House member was trailing Wednesday in a race close enough that a recount could be requested.
In addition, newly redrawn House districts matched up Democratic incumbents in four St. Louis area races.
The closest of those races saw Stacey Newman leading Susan Carlson by a single vote Wednesday out of more than 3,600 votes cast.