Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Contributing to the Mayibuye Archives in South Africa
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
Mon September 17, 2012
Shakir Hamoodi and the world of international sanctions
Watch the show and join the conversation on the Intersection website.
In late August, Columbia resident Shakir Hamoodi began serving a three-year prison sentence for violating trade sanctions against Iraq. We explore the details of his unusual case, along with some of the larger issues his situation raises.
Frank Bowman, professor of law, University of Missouri
Whitney Dreier, editor, Inside Columbia magazine
Tony Flesor, journalist who profiled the case for Inside Columbia magazine (joining the program by phone)
Peter Vallentyne, professor, University of Missouri Department of Philosophy