Spooky stories: "Ring Once for Death" and "How it Happened"
Welcome to another edition of Maplewood Barn Radio Theatre. Each week, we bring you another dramatization of a classic story, and this episode is no exception.
Our chilling tale for this episode is taken from a short story called "Ring Once for Death," by Robert Arthur. It was first published in 1954, in a magazine called "Amazing Stories."
As a bonus, you'll also get to hear our rendition of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's "How it Happened."
"Ring once for Death"
- Mark Williams: Terry Yates
- Edith Williams: Kellie Moore
- Sam Kee: Ian Buchanan
- Trooper and Pete: Byron Scott
- Loud Man and David: Brad Buchanan
- Narrator: Darren Hellwege
"How it Happened"
- John: Joe Bogue
- Perkins: Michael Tuley
- Stanley: Ian Buchanan
- Narrator: Byron Scott
- Script adaptation for radio: Brad Buchanan
- Engineer: Darren Hellwege
- Editing/production: Amy Humphrey
- Podcast publisher: Kellie Moore
This podcast originally aired on Jan. 31, 2014.