Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Arts and Culture
Sat December 21, 2013
Stories from O. Henry's "The Gentle Grafter"
Welcome to another edition of Maplewood Barn Radio Theatre.
In this episode, we return to the early twentieth century with a few stories from one of our favorite authors, O. Henry. In his book "The Gentle Grafter," Andy Tucker and Jeff Peters are accomplished con men in the Old West. While they are close buddies and usually work well with each other in their swindles, they are often at odds over just how far to take a defraudation. Jeff was always eloquent when the ethics of his profession were under discussion, as you'll learn in the story you're about to hear.
- Jeff Peters: Brad Buchanan
- Andy Tucker: Carey Butters
- Scudder, Smoke-em-out, and the Policeman: Darren Hellwege
- The lady on the porch, and Mrs. Trotter: Dana Naylor
- Narrator: Byron Scott
- Script adaptation for radio: Brad Buchanan
- Engineer: Darren Hellwege
- Editing/production: Amy Humphrey
- Podcast publisher: Kellie (Kotraba) Moore
This podcast originally aired on Dec. 6, 2013.