Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Contributing to the Mayibuye Archives in South Africa
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
Arts and Culture
Thu January 23, 2014
Thinking Out Loud: Third Goal film festival and prairie plantings
On this week's Thinking Out Loud, KBIA's Darren Hellwege talked with organizers of the Third Goal International Film Festival. The festival is an annual one-day festival of film viewings that have the U.S. Peace Corps as a central theme. This year's festival happens Saturday, February 1 on the MU campus.
Darren talked with film festival coordinator Mike Burden, Columbia Access Television Executive Director Jenifer Erikson and film director Ashley Tindall.
Also, on this week's program, Trevor Harris returned to the Kingdom of Callaway to observe a prairie restoration work in progress at Prairie Fork Conservation Area. At Prairie Fork, a collaboration between MU, the Missouri Department of Conservation and the Edward and Pat Jones' Trust is restoring a landscape to what it may have looked like in 1840.
Listen to Thinking Out Loud each Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. on KBIA.