Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Contributing to the Mayibuye Archives in South Africa
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
Thu June 27, 2013
Tom Jones On World Cafe
Originally published on Thu December 26, 2013 5:01 pm
This segment, from June 27, is part of our Best Of 2013 series, in which we revisit some of our most memorable interviews and performances of the year.
Over the last few decades, Jones has continuously reinvented his sound, suiting it to fit the times. The 73-year-old performer is well-known for his 1964 hit "It's Not Unusual," which remains his signature song. In this installment of World Cafe, he talks about growing up in Wales and discovering American music on the radio.