Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
Wed November 9, 2011
Truman State University Boasts Third-Most Master's Fulbright Grants
More Truman State University students have been awarded Fulbright grants this year than all but two other Master’s institutions in the country.
By Camille Phillips (Columbia, Mo.)
In three of the four past years, Truman has ranked in the top three nationally for Master’s Institutions with students receiving Fulbright grants. Fulbright faculty representative Maria Di Stefano said encouragement from professors is one reason for the consistency.
“We have a group of faculty who are very committed to helping students have this experience. Many of them have been Fulbrighters themselves in the past. ”
The five Fulbright students from Truman are teaching English abroad this year. Among Master’s Institutions, only the University of Portland and the University of Scranton provided more Fulbright Students.