Most Active Stories
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
- 'Take honest look' at Amendment 1, says former Lt. Governor Joe Maxwell
Science, Health and Technology
Thu November 17, 2011
Under the Microscope: November 17, 2011
This week on the show: the University of Missouri sponsors the Suicide Prevention Week. Plus: Missouri is ill-equipped to deal with prescription drug abuse.
Hosted by Kyle Deas.
Last week was Suicide Prevention Week at the University of Missouri. The school put on a series of seminars to educate people about suicide rates, the causes of suicidal behavior, and how to talk to someone who may be suicidal. KBIA’s Camille Maestracci has this story.
Plus: Prescription drug abuse is an increasingly large problem, especially for rural communities. But the Center for Disease Control says that Missouri is missing vital legislation to combat such abuse. KBIA’s Sarah Redhohl explains.