Most Active Stories
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
Sun November 6, 2011
University of Missouri Joins SEC
The Southeastern Conference has officially announced that Missouri will join the league effective July 1, 2012
According to a release on the SEC website, the University of Missouri, has joined the Southeastern Conference. The addition of Missouri increases membership to 14 institutions.
In the release MU's Chancellor Brady J. Deaton said, “ We came to this decision after careful consideration of the long term best interests of our university. We believe the Southeastern Conference is an outstanding home for the Mizzou Tigers, and we take great pride in our association with this distinguished league. ”
A press conference and celebration featuring Deaton, MU Athletics Director Mike Alden, University of Florida President Bernie Machen and SEC Commissioner Mike Slive will be held at 4:30 p.m. Sunday November 6 at the MU Student Center.