Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
Mon March 4, 2013
Why are college costs so high?
Watch the show and join the conversation on the Intersection website.
Over the past 30 years, the cost of getting a college degree increased twelve-fold, according to Bloomberg News. In this conversation we look into why and how that happened. We also explore how state law in Missouri limiting the amount of tuition increases affects the finances and quality of education at our state's institutions of higher learning.
Tery Donelson, assistant vice president for enrollment management, Columbia College
Nikki Krawitz, vice president for finance and administration, University of Missouri system
Tim Rooney, former budget director, University of Missouri