Most Active Stories
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
- 'Take honest look' at Amendment 1, says former Lt. Governor Joe Maxwell
Wed March 7, 2012
Willie Nile On World Cafe
Willie Nile's folk-rock career has been varied and somewhat sporadic, but he always finds his way back to music. A gifted singer-songwriter, Nile has developed a versatile style that can be just as moving in a stadium as it is in a coffee shop. Excepting a few hiatuses, Nile has written music continually, performing with the likes of Tori Amos, Elvis Costello, The E Street Band and Barenaked Ladies. He's also released 11 albums, including his latest, The Innocent Ones.
First released in Europe, The Innocent Ones is imbued with the infectious and robust nature of classic rock 'n' roll, with whip-smart lyrics, powerhouse guitar work and the kind of strapping melodies heard in a Springsteen classic. The result is both infectious and pensive.