Welcome to another edition of Maplewood Barn Radio Theatre.
In this episode, you'll hear the story "Winsome Winnie, or Trial and Temptation," by Stephen Leacock. The tale was first published in 1921, in Leacock's book, "Winsome Winnie and Other New Nonsense Novels."
According to Leacock, the story of Winsome Winnie is told using the best models of romance novels in 1875, so the writing will parody a style that was in vogue some 50 years before the story was written. Get ready - our narrator will pop in every so often to make irreverent statements and offer irrelevant commentary, in hopes of adding to the overall ambience of the tale.
- Winnie: Chelsea Christian
- Lawyer: Jason Christian
- Wynchgate: Joe Bogue
- The Stranger (Lord Mordaunt): Ian Buchanan
- Landlady and Marchioness: Angela Howard Lechtenberg
- The Agent and Frogwater: Michael Tuley
- Clerk and Dogwood: Darren Hellwege
- Narrator: Byron Scott
- Script adaptation for radio: Brad Buchanan
- Engineer: Darren Hellwege
- Editing/production: Amy Humphrey
- Podcast publisher: Kellie Moore
This podcast originally aired on Feb. 7, 2014.