Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Contributing to the Mayibuye Archives in South Africa
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Views of the News: Covering gay pride at Fort Leonard Wood
Fri October 7, 2011
Women's Rights Pioneers Win Nobel Peace Prize
The 2011 Nobel Peace Prize winners were named Friday: Yemeni activist Tawakkul Karman, Liberian president Ellen Johnson Sirleaf and Liberian activist and author Leymah Gbowee. Michel Martin discusses the winners and meaning of the prize with Kristian Berg Harpviken, who follows the Nobel Committee's process closely and directs the Peace Research Institute in Oslo.