Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Contributing to the Mayibuye Archives in South Africa
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Views of the News: Covering gay pride at Fort Leonard Wood
Around the Nation
Fri August 31, 2012
40-Year-Old Cheese To Sell For $10 An Ounce
Originally published on Fri August 31, 2012 11:48 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. A guy walks into a cheese cooler in Wisconsin - true story. Edward Zahn was closing up Z's Cheese Shoppe when he discovered wooden boxes of cheese - aged cheddar cheese, accidentally aged, overlooked in the cooler for up to 40 years. The Wisconsin State Journal says a dealer will now sell the cheese for $10 an ounce. He says cheese from the outside of each block is crunchy, like corn flakes. On the inside, it's overwhelming sharp. Mm. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.