Most Active Stories
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
Wed April 4, 2012
Cole County voters choose new municipal leaders
In Cole County, many races were uncontested. The other three Jefferson City Council members elected last night were J. Rick Mihalevich in Ward Two, Bob Scrivner in Ward Three and Carrie Carroll in Ward Four.
Three mayors also ran unopposed in the Cole County towns.
Mike Kalaf, Ritchie Jenkins and Alicia Weaver all retained their places as Mayors of Lohman, Russellville and Taos respectively.
Alicia Weaver says she will continue to serve the Taos community.
"I’m very excited about the opportunity to continue to support our wonderful community again, and I’m very appreciative of the citizens’ support and I look forward to serving them in the coming years,” Weaver said.
Meanwhile, there were no official candidates on the ballot for the mayor of St Martins, but Daniel Bax won with 15 write-in votes.