Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
Tue October 23, 2012
Improper purchases found in Missouri Athletics Department
The Missouri Athletics Department is tightening employee use of school-issued credit cards after an audit found a series of improper purchases.
A school spokesman says director of video operations Michael Schumacher repaid about $7,600 for two credit charges from a May 5, 2011 visit to the Olympic Garden strip club. One of the charges included a $2,000 tip on a $4,400 bill.
The audit also flagged nearly $3,000 in charges by former men's basketball director of operations Jeff Daniels, who now works at Arkansas.
Daniels billed the school for two charges of almost $1,500 each at the Vince Young Steakhouse in Austin, Texas. The charges were for a team meal.