Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Contributing to the Mayibuye Archives in South Africa
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Views of the News: Covering gay pride at Fort Leonard Wood
Mon December 12, 2011
The Mamtek deal and its aftermath
Watch the show and join the conversation on the Intersection website.
A new Mamtek artificial sweetener factory in Moberly promised a win-win all around: Jobs for mid-Missouri residents, profits for the company, and a bump in tax revenues well into the future. But with construction halted, the city's credit rating severely damaged, and a state legislative inquiry still under way, many questions remain. Intersection examined what happened, how problems like this might be avoided in the future, and how to attract jobs without putting taxpayers unduly at risk.