Most Active Stories
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
Tue May 8, 2012
McCaskill gets extra security after Tea Party comment
Extra security is in place for Sen. Claire McCaskill following a comment at a Tea Party rally last week.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch (http://bit.ly/J0UzbR ) reports that St. Louis area activist Scott Boston told a Tea Party gathering in Springfield, Mo., on Thursday, "We have to get Claire McCaskill out. We have to kill the Claire Bear ladies and gentlemen."
The Post-Dispatch reports that the comment was enough to prompt the U.S. Capitol Police to seek extra protection for McCaskill, a Missouri Democrat who is up for re-election in November. Meanwhile, police in the St. Louis suburb of Kirkwood, where McCaskill lives, say they were asked by the Capitol security agency to step up patrols around her house.
Boston says he did not intend the comment as a threat.