Most Active Stories
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
- 'Take honest look' at Amendment 1, says former Lt. Governor Joe Maxwell
Fri December 7, 2012
New Chamber of Commerce Director taking over in Callaway
On January 1st, Claudia Starr will take over as the new executive director of the Kingdom of Callaway Chamber of Commerce.
Starr is preparing to take the position over from former executive director Nancy Lewis, who held the position for 21 years. Starr says for now, she’s doing an exploration to talk to people before she establishes her goals.
It would be way too soon for me to try to project any plans that I personally have because it’s an effort of the entire community of the direction that we need to go,” Starr said.
With a degree in community development and urban planning, Starr says her new role is one she is well equipped for. She says she’s been involved in businesses, zoning issues and real estate throughout her life.
“It’s just something that really interests me…seeing a community that has tremendous potential and being able to help that community realize their strengths,” Starr said.
Starr plans to meet with every business owner in the county to determine their needs and concerns.