Most Active Stories
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
Sat August 25, 2012
New minister of First Baptist Church pushes through challenges
About one month ago, the Rev. Carol McEntyre started as senior pastor at First Baptist Church in Columbia.
Not one week into McEntyre’s new job, Army Spc. Sterling Wyatt, a beloved member of the church, was killed in an IED explosion while serving in Afghanistan. The community surrounded the church in support on July 21, the day of Wyatt's funeral, to shield the family from the protest group Westboro Baptist Church.
Reporter Harum Helmy sat down with McEntyre to find out what that was like for her.
McEntyre is also the first woman to serve as a minister at First Baptist Church. Read more about her journey to ministry on ColumbiaFAVs.com.
This show is produced in partnership with ColumbiaFAVS, mid-Missouri's source for news about faith and values.