Newscast for January 9, 2012
By Scarlett Robertson • Jan 9, 2012
Regional news from the KBIA newsroom, including:
- For the second time, Mary Ratliff was elected to continue her term as president of the Missouri NAACP by only one vote.
- Senate President Pro Tem Rob Mayer, a Republican from Dexter, supports a measure that would ask voters to amend the state constitution to prohibit government mandates to have health insurance.
- Gov. Jay Nixon is proposing additional training efforts and boosting exports to spur job creation with a development plan he called "Missouri Works."
- Some Republican lawmakers are at odds with members of Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon's administration over whether Missouri's job-creation tax breaks have been a success of failure
- A 40-cent tax levy increase and $50 million bond issue are expected to be discussed at Monday night's Columbia school board meeting