Most Active Stories
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
Wed January 22, 2014
Nixon proposes $30M for early childhood ed
Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon is proposing $30 million of additional state spending for early childhood education programs.
The governor's budget includes adding $20 million to the Missouri Preschool Program. That would roughly triple the program.
Nixon also wants an additional $8.5 million for the First Steps program, which serves young children with developmental disabilities, and an additional $1 million for the Parents as Teachers program.
Nixon released on Tuesday his spending proposals for the 2015 state budget taking effect July 1.