Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
Fri June 28, 2013
One former MU player picked in NBA Draft, teams pass on Pressey
Former University of Missouri basketball player Alex Oriakhi was taken in the second round of last night’s NBA draft. The Phoenix Suns took Oriakhi with the 57th pick. There are only two rounds in the draft, and only 60 players selected overall.
Meantime, two other former Missouri stars who had hopes for draft day did not hear their names called. Guard Phil Pressey left Missouri a year early to try his hand at the draft, and will now have to try to find interest from teams as an undrafted free agent. Forward Laurence Bowers also went undrafted.