Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Contributing to the Mayibuye Archives in South Africa
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
Arts and Culture
Fri September 30, 2011
Powered by Max Banner Ads News Citizen Jane Film Festival Begins Friday
The annual Citizen Jane Film Festival kicks off September 30.
By Mengxi Zheng (Columbia, Mo.)
Co-director of Citizen Jane Film Festival Paula Elias says there will be 40 films to show throughout the weekend. This festival was created to spotlight and celebrate films made by women.
“…So that means more than 90 percent every Sony Theater the multiplex is made by man, and waiver were the 50 percent of the population so we feel that what the most powerful cultural mediums we should have a stronger present,” Elias said.
Elias also says the Citizen Jane Film Festival makes this work more visible and to strengthen the network of filmmakers.
Two dozen feature-length and short films and special events will be held at Stephens College, Ragtag Cinema and other locations in Columbia.