UPDATE: Two Ashland children electrocuted in Lake of the Ozarks
The State Highway Patrol says two siblings from Ashland were electrocuted Wednesday at the Lake of the Ozarks.
Sgt. Paul Reinsch says the children were electrocuted while swimming in the lake around noon. He says bystanders removed the boy and girl from the water and tried to administer CPR. The children were taken to Lake Regional Hospital in Osage Beach, and pronounced dead on arrival.
“They were swimming near a private dock while in the Lake of the Ozarks and there were several sources of power to that dock and they’re trying to determine exactly at this time what was the problem with the electricity that was on the dock, what source, or what the cause is," Reinsch said Wednesday
On Thursday, Reinsch said investigators determined there was faulty wiring on the private dock. He said there was an improperly grounded electrical circuit that was not ground fault protected. An autopsy was being performed on the children Thursday, and Reinsch says results could be released by Friday.
Reinsch identified the children as 13-year-old Alexandra Anderson and 8-year-old Brayden Anderson. Reinsch says in the wake of the incident, the Patrol is asking people to double check their docks to make sure there aren’t any problems.