Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
Fri March 9, 2012
VIDEO: Chilling New View Of The 1986 Challenger Explosion
Today, The Huffington Post released what it says is a never-before-seen video of the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster.
The video, the site says, was taken by Jeffrey Ault of Orange City, Fla. on Super 8 film from the Kennedy Space Center viewing site, which is less than ten miles from the launch site. There have been other amateur videos of the disaster released. But it does seem like this is the first time this video is making the rounds.
Either way, it's chilling and really portrays the confusion and heartbreak that followed the Jan. 28, 1986 explosion. Here's the video:
h/t: NPR's Laurel Dalrymple.