Most Active Stories
- Why rural Missouri is losing doctors
- Would 'Right To Farm' Ballot Question Protect Family Farms Or Ag Corporations?
- Ameren blames EPA standards for coal plant closure, Nixon signs bill to allow less restrictions
- Why the health insurance marketplace could be called a success in Missouri
- MODOT makes revisions to Amendment 7 project list
Harvest Public Media
Fri August 26, 2011
Young farmers peddle vegetables on the street
When it comes to selling produce, farmers have a few options. There are grocery stores, then there are farmers markets. In Kansas City, mobile markets are even cropping up. Check out that story, here. Now, we bring you barebones farmers on wheels. Road bikes are the preferred form of travel and mode of commerce for the operators of Quail Bone Farm in Columbia, Mo. Listen to this week's Field Notes to go inside their world: a night peddling freshly picked vegetables on the streets.